Israel's extraordinary help for Arab "Palestinians" should overshadow any consequences in it's war on terror stemming out of Arab initiated violence
Israel's extraordinary help for the Arab "Palestinians" should overshadow any consequences in it's war on terror stemming out of "Palestinian" initiated violence
Let alone current contributions and aid, even in the years that the "Palestinians" love to refer to as "occupation", just How "bad" was it really for them?
1967 - 1993
* Economic prosperity, Israeli investment in "Palestinian" business, industry and infrastructure helped the PA GNP grow 13% annually between 1967 and 1980, per capita income grew tenfold, unemployment dropped from 40% to below 5%.
* Standard of living soared, Health gains: Israel built 166 clinics, provided universal insurance and medical programs for "Palestinians". Mortality rates plummeted by 2/3 (1970-1990). Israel also expanded water, sewage and electric systems.
* Political and civil freedoms, Freedom of association, trade unions, civic organizations and opposition parties permitted. Voting rights extended to poorer classes and to women for local elections (for the first time in 'Palestinian" - Arabs' history).
* Freedom of the press, even for extreme anti Israel opinions.
* Educational development, Israel built 6 universities and 20 community colleges for the "Palestinians". illiteracy dropped from 50% to 30% between 1967 and 1980.
* Jobs, Except during terrorists upsurges, Israel employs about 120,000 "Palestinians" from the disputed territories. Their earning accounts for the chunk of the income of their overall population.
* Funding, Israel allocated $90 million between 1993-1999, facilitated investments in "Palestinian"' private sector and granted 2,522 fellowships to "Palestinians" for professional training between 1995-1999.
Israel contributed more annually than even Saudi Arabia until 1973. Kuwait and Libya did not match Israeli donations until 1980. (Bard pg. 182).
* Refugees, Between 1949 and 1971, Israel repatriated 140,000 "Palestinian" refugees who are now full Israeli citizens.